- Operation Xcel
- Stokesdale and High Point, NC
- Part Time
- Salary Range
- Salary commensurate with experience
Tutors are needed at both our Stokesdale Site serving elementary students from 2 pm to 6 pm and our High point site serving middle school students from 3 pm to 7 pm. Assistant tutors come in one hour later (3pm-6pm or 4pm to 7pm).
General Description: Tutoring students, tutor assignments, working with teachers, students, parents, and prospective customers to ensure quality instruction and excellent customer satisfaction.
▪ Provide instruction to groups of 10-15 students using a variety of skill types such as play, communication, self-help and academic instruction in accordance with individual students goals and plans.
1. Prepare supplemental materials.
2. Ensures quick and accurate use of curriculum and methodologies/strategies as outlined by specialists
3. Recognizes issues/questions to bring to the specialist’s attention
4. Organize teaching materials and supplies for students
5. Collects data during teaching/tutoring
6. Contributes to the design of the program for each child via an individual tutoring plan
7. Maintain written records and evaluations of students tutored via daily assignment sheet.
8. Follow all established procedures (ie. Organizes and maintains student log books, assignment sheets, work on goals, review of planners, sign out)
9. Collaborate and communicate with school lead tutor and site manager on student’s behalf
10. Communicate student progress to parents and staff and schools as required
11. Attends and contributes to team/staff meetings and promotes team morale
▪ Possesses strong oral and written communication skills.
▪ Works independently with little direct supervision
▪ Work as part of a team
▪ Accepts responsibility and is self-motivated
▪ Demonstrates strong work ethic to achieve goals
▪ Displays effective multi-tasking and time management skills
1. Must be able to work indoors and outdoors
2. Must be able to perform the following gross motor activities easily: Bending over (e.g. to assist child with writing) and Carrying (e.g. teaching materials, art supplies)
3. Must be able to perform the following fine motor activities easily: Manipulation of teaching materials; assisting in children’s projects (e.g. cutting, gluing); writing data
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills):
1. 2 years of college
2. Two years working as a tutor with a minimum of three different children.
3. Demonstrates superior tutoring skills with children
4. Exceptional organizational skills
5. Recognizes issues/questions to bring to the specialist’s attention
6. Ability to use curriculum and methodologies to teach quickly and accurately
7. Demonstrates a professional physical appearance
*Our ultimate goal is to strive for excellence and maintain a consistent work environment; however, please note that the dynamics of the program are subject to change at any time. Some additional expectations require of ALL staff employees include:
▪ Treat children in developmentally appropriate ways
▪ Serve all children without bias of favoritism
▪ Discipline children in a positive, firm, and consistent way
▪ Report incidents to the site manager or program director
▪ Monitor children already greeted or waiting for dismissal, in a free play situation (indoor or outdoor), in the bathroom and during snack
▪ Lead a small group or large group activity
▪ Set up, prepare & clean up, before and after activities including snack
▪ Call if you expect to be tardy or absent