POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for pick-up, delivery, weighing and storage of food donations to the Greensboro Urban Ministry Food Pantry. Generally pick- ups are scheduled during the day, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The driver will be subject to other pick-ups when necessary. Also responsible for helping in the warehouse with inventory management, cleaning and the Emergency Assistance Grocery Program.
- Pick up food donations and deliver them to Greensboro Urban Ministry. Pick up forms are prepared by the Director and distributed to the truck driver on a daily basis. Return all food to the GUM warehouse and unload, weigh, sort and complete required paperwork.
- Deliver food donation boxes as scheduled by the Director or Warehouse Manager.
- Assist with the Emergency Assistance Grocery Program. Duties will include, stocking shelves, preparing bags and delivering orders out to the front of the building for clients.
- Assist the Warehouse Manager with warehouse tasks as needed.
- Assist with extra food drives, such as the semi-annual Feed GSO community food drive, the Postal Food Drive, and Boy Scout drive, etc.
- Treat all volunteers, employees and clients with respect, sincerity and compassion
- Assist the Warehouse Manager with the rotation of food on shelves, moving oldest to positions of immediate use and distribution and maintaining a proper place for new and incoming donations.
- Receive, weigh and record all incoming donations and inventory control on weight of food going out.
- Other duties as the Director and Warehouse Manager deem necessary.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Truck, van, floor jack, ladder, fork lift, cherry picker, telephone
- Varying temperatures from cold in winter to hot in summer, dust, truck fumes, refrigerator and freezer
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Standing, carrying, climbing, reaching, sitting, walking, push/pull, may repeatedly lift 50 pounds or more with assistance, driving, bending, hearing, squatting
- Must be able to handle pallets
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 2 – 3 years’ experience preferred.
- High School or equivalent preferred
- Good driving record
- Must be able to drive a 26 foot truck
LICENSES AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Valid North Carolina driver’s license