Designed to inspire hands-on learning through play, the Greensboro Children’s Museum (GCM) engages children and families of all ages in fun, learning experiences which contribute to their growth and development through play, creation, outdoor exploration and STEM experiences. GCM is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.
The TEAM Leader keeps the museum floor safe, organized, and in good working order Monday through Friday by managing floor staff and volunteers through their assigned daily tasks. The TEAM Leaders will support all staff and volunteers on the Museum floor and should have strong supervisory skills and the ability to remain calm in any situation. A TEAM Leader is a first responder to emergencies, injuries, and customer service issues, will assist with front desk operations during sale system as to assist during high traffic times, breaks, and lunch coverage.
Reports to: Operations Director
Position Status: Non-exempt
Schedule: Saturdays, 8:30am-5:30pm
*the First Friday of each month, 4:30pm-8:30pm
- Open and close the Museum floor each day by tidying each exhibit, stocking supplies, and checking and locking all doors.
- Check the daily schedule for field trips, birthday parties, special groups, activities, meeting and room rentals scheduled for the day and be sure all staff and volunteers on the exhibit floor are aware of the happenings.
- Supervise staff and volunteers while they are doing jobs on the exhibit floor ensuring that they have assignments and are following Museum practices.
- Communicate with the Operations Director and Maintenance Manager on any facility needs.
- Work with Operations Director to keep the exhibit floor in a safe and working order.
- Maintain a schedule of exhibit prop cleanings and switch-outs.
- Keep an inventory of janitorial supplies and order as needed.
- Help locate lost children and administer first aid materials to injured guests. Keep documentation on all injured visitors.
- Maintain cleanliness of all Museum areas, including restrooms, party rooms, Play Plaza, patio, and parking lot. (The Museum has evening janitorial services)
- Keep the facility rental room and supplies organized.
- Maintain availability during working hours by wearing Museum provided radio and responding to all calls.
- Assist Admissions during high traffic times and during breaks and lunches.
- Assist with the set-up and clean-up of special events or meetings.
- Responsible for staying up to date on the latest news, closing, special hours, events, programs, policies, meeting and general happenings at the Museum.
- Responsible for notifying your direct supervisor if you are unable to come to work or need time off.
- Attend staff meetings.
Besides the Roles and Responsibilities, all GCM staff members are asked to provide assistance when needed to support the GCM team in furthering its mission of promoting learning through play. This may include, but is not limited to, providing back-up on other GCM programming, sitting on ad hoc committees for events and relationship building.
- Prior supervisory experience
- Ability to communicate in a kind, calm, and authoritative manner.
- Ability to handle emergency situations with calm and ease.
- Effective problem-solver
- Ability to interact with all customers in a friendly, positive, and helpful manner.
- Ability to learn the Museum point- of-sale system. (Training will be provided.)
- Ability to work in a public facility
- Ability to stand, stoop, reach and bend; mobility of arms to reach, dexterity of hands to grasp and manipulate large and small objects
- Ability to read small print
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to regularly lift more than 25lbs
- Ability to work with cleaning products