- Triad Stage
- Greensboro, NC
Triad Stage seeks teaching artists for the inaugural year of a summer camp program. Triad Stage Summer Camps will offer students opportunities to explore various elements of theatre including text analysis, playwriting, acting, movement, and design. We are seeking teaching artists with considerable lesson planning and teaching experience and who are passionate about sharing their craft and working with young people.
Time Commitment: Camp will take place between June 11th and July 27th, 2018 and each position will consist of a one-week commitment between the hours of 8:30 and 5:30pm. Specifics will be discussed during the interview process. Teaching artists may be hired for more than one camp session. Teaching artists will also be required to attend an orientation day during the week of June 4th.
Triad Stage is an equal opportunity employer with a core value of inclusion. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Triad Stage will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
• Creating and facilitating theatre-based creative learning experiences for students in grades 3-5, 6-8, or 9-12 within an existing curriculum framework.
• Managing a classroom in such a way as to ensure the safety and inclusion of all students within daily camp activities.
• We are specifically seeking candidates with expertise in one or more of the following: middle and high school acting, playwriting or Shakespeare, and elementary creative drama, story drama, or process drama.
• Has a BA or equivalent in theatre or theatre education, or correspondent experience.
• Has experience teaching in a camp environment.
• Has considerable experience (at least three years preferred) working with the age group requested.
• Has excellent written and in-person communication skills and an ability to interact positively with parents and families.
• Is punctual, responsible, and flexible.
• Is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all students, including students with varying abilities.