The Senior Center Director is responsible for programming at the Evergreens Lifestyle Center, a newly renovated facility that opened in fall 2018. This position will oversee day-to-day operations of the Center and will provide supervision for Senior Center and Rural Outreach staff.
- Coordinate and plan activities at the Senior Center for older adults in Greater Greensboro that meet their needs and interests as well as provide recreation, education and health screenings that will enhance their opportunities for socialization and their ability to live independently.
- Coordinate with other agencies, community resources and the Senior Center Advisory Council in order to develop and implement programs for the Senior Center.
- Inform and provide outreach to Guilford County’s older adult community concerning the programs and activities of the Evergreens Lifestyle Center.
- Publish a bi-monthly calendar of events and newsletter for the Senior Center.
- Market the Senior Center throughout the community to continuously recruit new participants and establish relationships with other providers.
- Maintain Senior Center of Excellence certification through the Division of Aging and Adult Services.
- Manage the budget of the Senior Center as well as develop and implement fundraising to support various activities.
- Coordinate daily transportation for Senior Center participants, as well as transportation for special events (such as field trips).
- Recruit and supervise volunteers to assist with day-to-day operations of the Center including office tasks, newsletter distribution, class instruction, and other assigned duties.
- Attend all Staff, Team and Program Director meetings
- Responsible for the monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required by federal, state and local guidelines (Division of Aging and Adult Services, United Way and other entities).
- Maintain compliance with the Division of Aging and Adult Services Policies and Procedures.
- Supervise support staff that directs the work of the agency’s Rural Outreach program.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prepare and submit reports in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of utilizing community resources in order to create and maintain quality programs and activities for seniors.
- Ability to understand and work with seniors.
- Knowledge and experience with computers.
- Have reliable transportation and valid NC driver’s license.
- Bachelor’s degree in human services, Recreation or equivalent experience.
- Experience with aging programs and/or services.
- Experience working with older adults preferred.
- Supervisory experience.
Senior Resources of Guilford is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Senior Resources of Guilford to afford equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, age, sex, religion, or handicap, and to conform to applicable employment laws and regulations.