Position Type: Contractor (Short-Term)
Issue Date: 5-6-2019
Application Submission Deadline: 5-17-2019
Leadership LINKS, Inc. is a growing faith-based, charitable, and educational organization incorporated in the state of North Carolina. We are exempt from federal income tax under the Internal Revenue Code (IRC) Section 501(c)(3). Founded and led by veterans, Leadership LINKS, Inc. enriches communities through leadership, mentoring, and education.
Our Mission: Offer leadership education that facilitates impactful living, character and spiritual development.
Purpose of the Program: The “Walk in Purpose” Leadership Summer Program for Girls is a week-long, day program in the Piedmont, NC community offering a leadership education, character and spiritual development curriculum that exposes rising 6th-10th grade girls to opportunities traditionally underrepresented by women in leadership positions, and prepares them for futures of innovation, entrepreneurship, and executive leadership.
5:00 pm ET, Sunday, July 28, 2019 program orientation
8:00 am – 5:30 pm, Monday-Friday, July 29-August 2 program dates
5:00 pm, Friday, August 2, 2019 program celebration and closing ceremony
The primary role of the Program Manager for the “Walk in Purpose” Leadership Summer Program for Girls is to provide the administrative and logistical support, financial accountability, program implementation, volunteer management, and day-to-day operations of the program of Leadership LINKS, Inc. The program manager will work directly with a dynamic team, including the organization’s Board of Directors to execute the program and ensure compliance of all policies and procedures. The Program Manager is responsible for administrative preparation prior to the summer program, execution of tasks during the summer program, and completing a program summary report at the conclusion of the summer program. Additionally, the Program Manager is responsible for the parent, speaker, and stakeholder engagement leading up to, during, and closing out the program.
Workspace: Telework option, with office space available in High Point/Jamestown, NC
Job Type: Part-time (approximately 6-10hrs/week), temporary (14 weeks—May-August) with potential for continued part-time employment
Experience: Management/Program Management 3 years (Preferred)
Application Requirements: Competitive candidates are required to complete the application, submit a resume, submit to a national background and sex offender registry check, and authorize the contact of a former supervisor and three references. Not doing so, will end consideration of the applicant for this position.
The Board of Directors of Leadership LINKS, Inc. invites self-motivated, reliable, accountable, proven candidates to apply for this summer contract position. Please visit www.leadershiplinksinc.org and click on the "Summer Opportunity Available" announcement on the homepage to obtain an application. The application deadline is May 17, 2019.
● Ensures senior volunteer staff have necessary tools and support to offer the highest quality program to the LINKS Leaders (program participants)
● Serves as the primary liaison between the organization, host facility, parents, program participants, service providers, and other key stakeholders
● Recruits and supervises volunteers not associated with lead staff
● Maintains all program documents and files
● Maintains all organization inventory of equipment, hardware, supplies, donated items, promotional products, and program merchandise
● Manages the acquisition, compilation, organization, and distribution of program materials
● Creates documents from provided information and data
● Attends all necessary organizational meetings, works collaboratively with Board of Directors and volunteer support staff
● Ensures program spaces (classrooms, dining hall, computer lab, etc.) are prepared for program instruction
● Ensures the execution of policies and best practices that ensure the safety and supervision of LINKS Leaders at all times
● Organizes and successfully executes the celebration and closing ceremony
● Writes and submits program summary report (within two weeks of program completion)
● Completes other duties as assigned
● Bachelors’ degree in Education, Business, or a related field, or a minimum of four years of requisite experience.
● Minimum of two years of leadership experience in an administrative/supervisory capacity in education, recreational, afterschool, or youth development field
● Proficiency in Microsoft Excel Office required proficiency Google docs are preferred.
● A positive role model with strong leadership, diplomacy, courtesy, and attention to detail.
● Excellent communicator, written and spoken
● Must be able to make decisions independently, properly document, and follow-through on assigned tasks.
● Demonstrated ability to create, maintain, and effectively communicate systems.
● Ability to build and motivate a team of volunteers when necessary.
● Effectively administer, analyze, report, and apply data collected for after-action reporting.
● Effective organizational skills.
● Ability to analyze current inventory data and anticipate additional inventory.
● Effectively and confidently communicate with all program stakeholders.
● Knowledge of and ability to manage and operate within the financial budget.
● Demonstrate professionalism, patience, hospitality, humility, punctuality, and initiative.
● Demonstrate compassion, empathy, and a willingness to learn and work with people from various backgrounds.
● Must possess a driver’s license and have a reliable mode of transportation.
● Must submit to a criminal background check.