GO FAR Program Director
Part-time (average 25 hours per week)
Compensation commensurate with experience
GO FAR (Go Out For A Run) is a nonprofit running program for children that promotes fitness, nutrition and character development. Founded in 2003, GO FAR serves more than 6,000 children annually in NC and nationwide. This is an exciting opportunity to join GO FAR in our mission to empower children through an innovative running program to achieve their goals and pursue healthy lifestyles.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the program director will manage running clubs and coordinate the implementation of GO FAR’s curriculum-based program and 5K events in the Piedmont Triad. From the first mile to the finish line, this team member will support coaches each step of the way through training, trouble-shooting, best-practices and regular communication.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Welcoming and personable to train and onboard new GO FAR clubs
- Committed to customer service by providing ongoing support and resources, as well as answering questions about the GO FAR curriculum, 5K race events and daily operations of the program
- Creative in his/her approach to problem-solving and assisting coaches, parents and other program participants
- Extremely detail-oriented with a preference for the operations of the work
- Organized and diligent in record-keeping and managing program databases
- Able to effectively manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
Other responsibilities include:
- Event management such as creating timelines, working with vendors and site coordinators, managing logistics and working with volunteers
- Oversight of GO FAR’s scholarship and Lace Up programs
- Registration management for 5K events
- Regular evaluation of programs in collaboration with the board evaluation committee
- Coordination of other program activities as needed
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience coordinating nonprofit or youth programs, customer service, and/or project management
- Experience coordinating and managing event-related logistics
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds
- Occasional nights and weekend availability for events
- Flexible, part-time work schedule
- Choice to work from home or in office
- “Busy seasons” follow academic schedule with lighter workloads in summer months
- Small, team-oriented culture
- Two weeks paid vacation
To apply, please send resume and professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GO FAR (Go Out For A Run) is an equal opportunity employer.