The Bargain Box is the Junior League of Greensboro's only ongoing fundraiser and sells gently used merchandise donated by League members and the community. It is currently located across from the Red Collection at 1410 Mill St, Greensboro, NC 27408.Bargain Box is looking for an energetic, customer focused sales associate. The ideal candidate should posses the following qualities.
Customer service driven with prior retail experience
Knowledge of fashion trends and brands
Interest in thrifting/upcycling clothing
Willing to work a flexible schedule, including most Saturdays
A knowledge of online sales and social media is a plus
- Serves customers by helping them select products.
- Drives sales through engagement of customers, suggestive selling, and sharing product knowledge.
- Greets and receives customers in a welcoming manner.
- Responds to customers’questions.
- Directs customers by escorting them to racks and counters.
- Provides outstanding customer service.
- Documents sales by creating or updating customer profile records.
- Manages financial transactions.
- Processes payments by totaling purchases, cash, and store or other credit and debit cards.
- Assists with inventory, including receiving and stocking merchandise.
- Keeps clientele informed by notifying them of preferred customer sales and future merchandise of potential interest.
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- 2+ years' retail sales experience preferred
- High school diploma/GED required
- High-energy, friendly personality
- Capable of interpreting customers' words and showing them products that meet their needs
- Basic addition and subtraction skills
- Willingness to become subject matter expert
- Must be allowed to legally work in the US
- Able to lift up to 50lbs above and below shoulder height
- Ability to use computer, touchscreen monitor, standard telephone and other standard equipment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are a must