- Greensboro Children's Museum
- Greensboro, NC
- Part Time
The Play Plaza Facilitator is responsible for our visitors’ first impression and experience in the Play Plaza and on the Climbers. This person must be able to display outstanding visitor hospitality while enforcing Play Plaza safety guidelines as well as basic maintenance. The position requires a person to be out-going, personable, and dedicated to helping people while providing guidance and assistance when appropriate. The Play Plaza Facilitator is an ambassador for the Greensboro Children’s Museum demonstrating the highest level of professionalism in their public engagement. They are committed to promoting an enjoyable experience to our patrons.
• Interacts with patrons by being courteous and attentive while ensuring the compliance of Play Plaza guidelines.
• Promote Play Plaza safety and etiquette to facilitate an enjoyable recreational experience for all Play Plaza users.
• Maintain the Play Plaza on a daily basis.
• Works with the Operations, Education, and Marketing teams by supporting Play Plaza activities, special events, and related programs.
• Conducts maintenance checks and reports actions/repairs to maintain a safe environment and enjoyable environment.
• Tend to hurt or lost children with efficiency and effectiveness following GCM procedures.
• Enforce Play Plaza rules for all visitors
• Able to stand, bend, stoop, and climb for prolonged periods of time.
• Able to lift up to 60 pounds
• Ability to tolerate daily exposure to outdoor weather conditions, including sun, heat, humidity, wind, and cold
• Endurance to meet emergency needs
• Regularly required to use hands, handle or feel, reach with arms, climb and balance, stop, stand, kneel, bend, crouch, and crawl
• Must be available to work some weekend days and holidays/school breaks as needed.
• A desire to work outdoors.
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must be certified or be willing to become certified in Adult/Child First Aid & CPR.
• Ability to speak effectively with children, parents, and teachers to communicate rules and policies
• A passion for working with children and families and a strong commitment to the position.
• Being at work on time and all times as scheduled
• Aside from the aforementioned roles and responsibilities, all GCM staff members are asked to provide assistance when needed to support the GCM team in furthering its mission of promoting learning through play. This may include, but is not limited to: providing back-up on other GCM programming, sitting on ad hoc committees for events, supporting fund development efforts and relationship building.