The Nurse Home Visitor/Advocate provides program guided preventive health and social services to at risk pregnant women and children birth to 2 years of age. The Nurse Home Visitor/Advocate will utilize advanced skills to assess individual and family needs; screening clients for eligibility, providing case management, offering program outlined educational models, and making referrals for community intervention services to promote positive family functioning and child outcomes. The Nurse Home Visitor supervisor will review referrals from community agencies and the Health Department and assign case management interventions based on level of service needed. The Nurse Home Visitor/Advocate and Supervisor will work closely with private providers, and others providing family support/case management programs, in the health department and other community agencies. Services can be provided in hospitals, private physicians' offices and home settings; designed to enhance the continuum of services available to this population. The Nurse Home Visitor/Advocate will maintain a safe environment and perform job responsibilities in a safe manner. The goals of the project are to achieve family outcomes as good as or better than the outcomes have that have been demonstrated through research, and aligns with the goals of the Surgeon General and the Office of Population Affairs.
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Nursing, and one year of Public Health experience preferred; or graduation from an accredited school of professional nursing with at least two years of professional nursing experience, including one year of public health experience. Current license or temporary license to practice as a Registered Nurse in North Carolina by the NC Board of Nursing.
- Current, valid North Carolina driver's license is required.
- Maternal Child Health nursing experience is preferred.
- Spanish as an additional language is preferred.
- Participation on agency committees and in community activities as a program representative.
- Certification in basic CPR
- Conduct parent training as qualified and when needed.
- Provide learning experiences for nursing students and other community agencies.
Must Have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing to be considered.