Licensed Birth to Kindergarten Teacher
Guilford Child Development seeks to hire Licensed Birth to Kindergarten Teachers. Guilford Child Development provides an excellent opportunity to advance in the rewarding field of Early Childhood Development.
Some of Guilford Child Development's four-year-old classrooms are funded by the North Carolina Pre-K program and must therefore meet very high classroom quality standards. All teachers who teach in GCD four-year-old classrooms must meet the following educational requirements:
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- BA/BS degree in Early Childhood, Child Development or related field and B-K License
- Bilingual (Spanish) ability is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with supervisors, infant/toddlers, parents and volunteers
- Demonstrated ability to supervise others including assistant teachers, parents, students and volunteers
- Demonstrated ability to effectively perform the duties required for the job including verbal ability to communicate, auditory capacity to respond to infant/toddlers and adults, visual ability to complete written assignments and physical ability to complete assignments given accommodations as required by law
- Willingness to actively pursue appropriate professional development opportunities
It is the responsibility of the teacher to plan and organize the operation of programs for a specific group of children providing a high quality environment in which each child achieves the highest level of social, emotional, physical and intellectual competence.
We offer an attractive compensation package complete with medical/dental/vision/life coverage and a retirement plan.
A $1,000 Sign On Bonus applies to this job only ($500 after 90 day completion; $500 at the end of the school year)
Qualified Applicants Should Apply at:
No phone calls please
Must have NC Birth to Kindergarten License