Job Title: Marketing Specialist (Entry Level)
Direct Report: Director of Marketing and Communications
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Come work for an organization that delivers life-changing experiences to children with serious illnesses and chronic medical conditions. Victory Junction serves approximately 10,000 children and families each year at our facility in Randleman, North Carolina, in various hospitals and clinics, and through other outreach activities in the Southeast.
We’re searching for an entry-level marketing specialist to join our team. As the marketing specialist, you will work closely with the Marketing Team, Development Team, and other VJ staff members to plan and implement the organization’s broad-based communication and solicitation strategies, through social media, on-line advertising, search engine optimization, and digital media content. You will also support the development of coordinated solicitation strategies that optimize annual fundraising appeals, including print, digital, and mass communications.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Conduct analysis of Victory Junction’s website and social media traffic
- Create advertising campaigns for social media and Google Ads
- Manage Victory Junction’s social media channels and assist with social media content creation
- Collaborate with Development staff members as a cross-functional team to plan and implement broad-based communication and solicitation strategies
- Assist with writing and publishing e-newsletters
- Assist with Victory Junction’s website content
- Maintain an updated media contact database
- Write and distribute press releases
- Assist with other content creation, copy writing, proofreading materials, etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field
- Strong knowledge of Google Analytics and other marketing tools
- Excellent analytical skills and a thorough understanding of data analysis
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled in writing and editing content with attention to detail
- Strong prioritization, organization, and project management skills
- Photography and media production experience is helpful but not required
Organized: You come in on time and deliver projects before the deadline. You can prioritize and manage a myriad of tasks at once.
Team-Oriented: You enjoy collaborating with other team members and are willing to assist with projects that drive the organization forward, even when they are outside the scope of your responsibilities.
Creative: You have a good sense of aesthetics for imagery, composition, and storytelling. You are detail-oriented and strive for technical excellence.
Entrepreneurial: You are able to work independently, multitask, and thrive in situations that require creative problem solving.
Passionate: You are intellectually curious and want to expand your skill set. You believe in Victory Junction’s mission and want to make a difference.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $28,000-$32,000 (annually)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) plan
- Life insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- Short term disability and accident insurance (optional, employee-paid)
Please send a cover letter and resume to John Barnett, Director of Marketing and Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org.