PURPOSE: The purpose of this position is to capture the story of how The Barnabas Network changes the lives of the people it serves and to share that story in innovative ways that engage the community, leverage support for the organization, and increases donations to the organization.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Marketing and Development Manager is responsible for marketing and development plans to support key strategic organizational initiatives. Areas of focus include updating website and executing social media and email communications, including quarterly newsletter. The position also supports the executive director in coordinating and developing fundraising opportunities, including record-keeping, management and maintenance of donor data in Salesforce database, and production of fundraising solicitations including annual appeal letters and special events.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee/incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related instruction duties requested by authorized individuals.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the job. All duties and responsibilities listed are essential job functions and requirements. These are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skill and/or ability needed for the position.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Note: As a small non-profit, The Barnabas Network does not offer a benefits package, but the position offers a rewarding work environment and the satisfaction of helping others.
To apply: please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing samples/link to online portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Plans and assists in creation and delivery of annual donation letters and other materials to communicate with current and potential donors
- Identifies potential contributors through current data, individual and corporate contacts, and knowledge of community
- Capture client success stories to share with current and potential donors.
- Manages quarterly newsletters and social media (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube)
- Updates website on regular basis
- Maintains a high level of accuracy in the Salesforce donor database
- Continues to look for new and creative ways to raise funds for the organization
- Assists with planning and execution of several annual special events
- Works occasional nights and weekends for special events
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public affairs/administration or related degree
- At least 2 years of experience in marketing, communications, fundraising, and/or development
- Strong attention to detail
- Work or volunteer experience in the non-profit sector
- Professional appearance, manner and communication style.
- Ability to assess a problem, call on the appropriate resources, communicate with all parties the status of the situation and offer solutions.
- Experience in database management and reporting (preferably with Salesforce)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong written and oral communications skills;
- Ability to work and communicate clearly and professionally with diverse segments of the population, including Barnabas volunteers, staff, clients and donors.
- Proven strategic marketing and communications skills;
- Strong understanding of how to incorporate social media and visual communications into an overall marketing plan;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Strong relationship skills;
- Basic graphic design and photography skills, and knowledge of video production;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign;