This is a contractual position (2-4 hours/week) in the One Step Further, Inc. (OSF) Community Offender Resource Program (CORP) to lead Anger Management groups in OSF settings. $25.00/hour.
1. Lead psycho-educational Anger Management groups for individuals who have been court ordered or instructed by their attorney to attend classes.
2. Must be able to respond quickly and effectively to many types of situations, including crisis-driven or potentially difficult situations involving clientele living with mental health conditions, engaged in drug/alcohol use, victims of crime, etc.
3. Must be able to work effectively with individuals from diverse socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
4. Ensure all lesson plans adhere to program curriculum and not of your own.
5. Use an array of program-provided educational and counseling techniques to help clients learn and practice tools that are being taught in group.
6. Report and intervene for any real threats of harm to self or others.
7. Evaluate group member’s progress at end of 8-week program.
8. Ability to address deficits in progress with group members.
9. Communicate any problems or concerns with group members or group dynamics to the CORP Program Director in a timely manner.
10. Adhere to all program policies, and requirements.
11. Maintain current and accurate client records.
12. Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Education: Associate’s Degree preferred, or be in the process of obtaining Associate’s Degree with completion of a minimum of 24 college units. Professional experience may be considered a substitute for minimum educational requirements.
Experience: Prior work history in social services setting, experience facilitating psycho-educational groups, and working with court-ordered clients is preferred. Group management skills, knowledge of general anger management skills and techniques. Crisis intervention skills and firm knowledge of reporting laws required.
Additional Requirement: Must pass criminal background screening.