Under the supervision of the Family Room Manager responsible for the day-to-day operation of Ronald McDonald House Family Rooms and Hospitality Carts. These responsibilities include: recruiting, training, and managing the volunteer corps for the Family Rooms and Hospitality Carts; ensuring that the rooms and hospitality carts are well-maintained, fully operational and include fully stocked supplies: and providing accurate Family Room and Hospitality Cart statistics. Assists, as able, with special events, fundraisers and day- to-day operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Family Room and Hospitality Cart Staffing: Strategically recruits volunteers through public speaking, community events and social media (in concert with Development office) and following up with interested volunteers. Provides training, encouragement, and supervision to volunteers. Schedules volunteers and coordinates a system of reminders and substitutes. Works closely with Family Room Manager and Family Room Coordinator to develop strategies to recognize and retain volunteers. Helps to staff the Family Room and Hospitality Cart if a volunteer and/or substitute is not available.
- Family Room and Hospitality Cart Maintenance: Responsible for transporting inventory and supplies for Family Rooms and Hospitality Carts in a timely manner. Responsible for keeping appliances and computers in working order, with assistance, as needed, from Director of House Operations and/or related hospital staff (ex: Engineering, Information Technology). Oversees cleanliness and condition of the room, furniture and hospitality cart. Troubleshoots problems that arise in the Family Room with guests, volunteers, keys, computers etc.
- Record Keeping/Promotion: Gathers Family Room and Hospitality Cart statistics and is responsible for the accuracy and distribution to the Family Room Manager. In coordination with Development staff, designs and develops promotional materials, as needed.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervises Family Room and Hospitality Cart volunteers.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with the Volunteer Services staff at partnering hospitals.
- Hospital Liaison: Assists Executive Director, Director of Volunteer Services and Family Room Manager in developing and maintaining professional and strategic relationships with management in hospitals where Family Rooms and Hospitality Carts are located.
- Other: Other responsibilities as assigned.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Four-year college degree
- Two years of experience in volunteer management
- Valid state issued driver’s license
- Advanced competency of internet-based database systems (example: Exceed Beyond and Volunteer Hub)
- Advanced competency of computers with advanced competency in MS Office
- Able to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Able to perform basic life operational skills of walking, grasping, talking, hearing, standing and repetitive motions
- Able to lift, carry and move objects weighing 30 lbs.
- Demonstrate initiative, problem solving ability, critical thinking skills, strong communication skills and diplomacy
- Able to perform duties with minimum direction and supervision
- Demonstrate positive attitude toward guests, donors, volunteers and others who come into contact with the House, Family Room and Hospitality Cart
- Must complete required hospital training and orientation for each hospital that has a Family Room/Hospitality Cart
- Demonstrate respect for the privacy and confidentiality of all guests and agency information
- Demonstrate genuine interest in the successful operation of the House, Family Rooms and Hospitality Carts
Note: These requirements represent minimum levels in order to perform the job on a satisfactory basis. Employees must have the ability to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the job.
The purpose of the Ronald McDonald House of Winston-Salem’s Job Descriptions is to describe the basic function, major responsibilities/tasks and essential functions of each position so that employees can better know what is expected of them. The description also provides information useful for recruiting, training, and performance
appraisal. This document does not create an employment contract, nor does it modify the at-will employment
status of all employees. A Job Description is not meant to inhibit employee creativity or innovation. The
description will be revised as job responsibilities change.