BackPack Beginnings (BPB), a local non-profit that delivers child-centric services to provide food, comfort and clothing to children in need, is seeking a full-time Family Market Coordinator. This position seeks an energetic individual who is a compassionate, care-driven professional who will work directly with local families seeking assistance in overcoming food insecurity and obstacles to self-sufficiency. The Coordinator will work directly with our Executive Director, Program Director and
support staff/volunteers to operate our client choice Family Market with a focus on administration, program management, Market oversight and client relationships. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
● Manage and oversee all aspects of the client choice Family Market including implementation, inventory needs, marketing, cleaning, program evaluation and relationship building with families.
● Ensure Family Market is fully stocked daily.
● Assist guests when the Family Market is open: greet, check them in via our Salesforce system,
give tours, answer questions, bag their items, etc.
● Train and oversee volunteers and interns to work with families as they visit the market.
● Aid staff in creating a welcoming environment and setting up a community resource table,
nutrition education station, and other appropriate support materials.
● Assist with implementation of a SWAP (Supporting Wellness at Pantries) nutrition ranking
system and support nutrition services.
● Coordinate with partner agencies to bring them on-site to offer their services to visiting families.
● Work with families to gather feedback on their needs to better support them with future programming opportunities.
● Collect, enter and maintain all required documentation, in a timely manner, for reporting and program management.
● Implement our no show policy by contacting guests, as needed.
● Ensure consistent and meaningful evaluation of the client choice Family Market, to accurately assess its impact and success, and make needed changes and improvements.
● Adhere to agency policies, procedures, and the professional code of ethics.
● Commitment to organizational transparency and financial stewardship.
● Other duties as assigned/needed, as the market expands.
● Bachelor’s degree preferred
● Spanish proficiency valued
● Experience and comfort working with persons in crisis
● Ability to motivate others towards achieving goals
● Ability to work independently and is focused, task-oriented, nonjudgmental, and has a clear sense of boundaries
● Ability to work with sensitivity and without discrimination towards peoples of diverse cultures, races/ethnicity, socio-economic positions, ages, religions, genders, physical/mental challenges/disabilities, and sexual orientations
● Excellent knowledge of Google Docs, Word, Excel; ability to learn Salesforce
● High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail; high degree of initiative and an ability to manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
● Able to work some night and weekend hours to allow the market a variety of open hours/days
● A passion for the mission of BackPack Beginnings is essential
This job description may not be all inclusive and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and directed by management. Job descriptions and duties will be reviewed annually and may be modified when deemed appropriate by our Executive Director.
Compensation is $36,000-$43,000, depending on experience. Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position is open until filled.