- Greensboro Downtown Parks, Inc.
- Greensboro, NC
- Full Time
- Salary Range
- commensurate with experience
Manage the maintenance team that cares for LeBauer Park and Center City Park in downtown Greensboro! Greensboro Downtown Parks, Inc. (GDPI) is a non-profit organization working to beautify, maintain and program these parks on behalf of the City of Greensboro. GDPI is currently seeking a high-energy and detail-oriented individual to lead its maintenance team on a full-time basis. This team is responsible for all aspects of park maintenance, cleanliness, safety and operations. Further, the team will assist with the set-up and breakdown of the many entertainment, educational, and fitness/recreation programs that will be offered within the park.
Under the direction of GDPI’s Executive Director, the Facilities Manager will serve as a working foreperson, prioritizing and leading other maintenance staff in the following efforts:
• Removing litter from all areas of park.
• Emptying trash barrels and transporting trash bags to a staging area within park.
• Cleaning the park’s five restrooms.
• Cleaning the park’s café tables and chairs.
• Removing snow.
• Collecting & removing fallen leaves.
• Periodically power-washing paths and plaza areas.
• Assisting with the installation/removal of plant material, distribution of mulch, and maintenance of the park’s
• Erecting tents, running extension cords, arranging chairs for programs and events.
• 3-5 years experience leading and working aside others in a maintenance environment.
• Ability to manage and motivate team members, contractors, contract labor and services.
• Ensure precaution for safety of park visitors during maintenance activities.
• Highly-energetic in a fast-paced environment.
• Respond nimbly to shifting maintenance/programming priorities as they might arise over the course of a day.
• Enjoy working outdoors during all seasons in all weather conditions.
• Willingness to work long hours, weekends and evenings.
• Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
• Strong eye for detail.
• Experience maintaining and operating small power equipment.
• Experience with plumbing, electrical, and HVAC maintenance.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to communicate professionally with the public and co-workers.
• Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
• Ability to work under deadlines and high-pressure situations.
• Strong interpersonal skills and comfort working with various groups in a collaborative environment such as
administrative staff, partner groups, colleagues and volunteers.
• Experience with training and coordinating work assignments for volunteers.
• Horticulture experience and landscaping management knowledge.
• Possess or have ability to obtain a NC certified pesticide license in ornamentals and turf.
• Possess or have ability to obtain a Certified Pool Operator license for interactive fountain.
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
• Ability to create and execute facilities maintenance schedule.
• Management of park fixtures and inventory.
• Ability to manage facilities/maintenance budget.
• Maintain park contracts and re-bid as necessary to ensure maximum fiscal stewardship.
• Maintain concise maintenance and safety records.
• Associate’s degree and 3-5 years experience in facility management.
• 85% parks, 10% office, 5% offsite
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org