- PACE of the Triad
- Greensboro, NC
- Full Time
Under the general supervision of the Transportation Coordinator, the Driver is responsible for the direct transportation of physically limited passengers to and from their destinations. Position requires constant interaction with caregivers and community agencies
• Effectively communicates with participants, families, staff and other agencies and departments.
• Drives a specially equipped van to deliver physically limited persons to varied destinations. Assures that wheelchair lifts and tie down equipment are properly operated and that participants are delivered to appointments in a timely manner.
• Follows established schedules, adjusts schedules to meet unanticipated changes, determines the safest and most efficient pick-up and delivery routes.
• Assists passengers on and off the van in a safe and courteous manner. Handles medical equipment and any emergencies that may arise.
• Performs van inspections and completes inspection documentation. Maintains van in a clean, orderly and safe condition. Reports the need for maintenance.
• Communicates any changes in participant condition or psychosocial situation to Transportation Coordinator to be taken to Interdisciplinary Team.
• Completes documentation as required.
• Assists with coordination of 24 hour care delivery.
• Attends staff meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Special Training: High School degree or equivalent.
Experience: 1 year experience transporting individuals with special mobility needs, 1 year experience with the frail or elderly.
Licensure, Registry or Certification Required: Valid North Carolina (NC) Driver’s License and safe driving record. Upon employment, defensive driving course, First Aid and CPR are required.