The Director of Engagement & Literacy Initiatives is responsible for developing strategic relationships and expansion of family participation through targeted outreach and increasing public awareness of Ready for School, Ready for Life, the Guilford Basics, Early/Pre-Literacy, and the resources available to families, program providers, community organizations and businesses through partnership with Ready Ready. The Director of Engagement & Literacy Initiatives will focus on both internal and external stakeholders.
The Director will possess:
- Enthusiasm and passion for children and families
- The ability to think strategically and build relationships with key community leaders, direct service providers, families and volunteers in order to ensure the success of the Guilford Basics community-wide campaign
- The ability to act as a community spokesperson for both Ready Ready and the Guilford Basics
- Understanding of family empowerment model and strong commitment to “family voice”, collective impact, and the need for systems change
- The ability to manage team members effectively
- Experience and background in early literacy strategies and Active Reading
The Director will be housed within Ready for School, Ready for Life and will provide regular updates to the organization’s Board and to The Cemala Foundation.
- Implement strategic goals of the county-wide Early Literacy Strategic Plan, including execution and expansion of Guilford Basics into a variety of settings
- Facilitate meetings with community partners to embed the Guilford Basics into emerging system of care via navigation services, home visiting, early care and education settings, parent education and health care settings
- Provide training in Guilford Basics and Active Reading strategies with community partners, families and other groups upon request.
- With partners, plan and execute special events related to Guilford Basics and Active Reading strategies
- Promote Ready Ready and Guilford Basics through community appearances, media appearances and interviews, social media presence and speaking
Family Engagement and Parent Leadership Development
- Oversee work that supports the development of parent leaders and helps them use their voice to take action on the issues that affect their families.
- Create collaborative planning process with parents across Guilford County to identify goals and action plans that promote parent participation in making change in their communities.
- Design training to ensure parents have the needed skills and confidence to use their voice in leadership roles throughout Guilford County.
- Supervise Family Engagement Coordinator, Literacy Initiatives Coordinator, and 1-2 interns
- Create measurement tools, oversee data collection and evaluate outcomes for and early literacy initiatives and family engagement
- Monitor program budgets and oversee grant compliance as applicable
- Provide updates to the Chief Executive Officer about progress to date
- Bachelor’s degree plus five years of progressive experience in the human services field and/or a master’s degree in a related
- Skill in interacting with education and human service providers, and corporate and agency leaders
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with a range of community
- Leadership skills and a willingness to take initiative and be
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a high-performing
- Experience and skill with computer
This position is located in Guilford County, NC (High Point/Greensboro metro area).
Please submit a resume and cover letter via email at HR@getreadyguilford.org and include “Director of Engagement” in the subject line.