Community Housing Solutions is seeking a full-time Development Director who reports to the Executive Director and works collaboratively with all staff members to provide leadership and management of the development of funds needed to support our home repair program goals. To see more about our organization, go to www.chshousing.org .
The Development Director is accountable for all areas of development including annual, planned, program and capital fundraising efforts as well as stewardship activities.
• Develop strategy and plan for annual campaign focused on consistent, goal-focused efforts throughout the year to steward donors and transition volunteers to new donors.
• Identify, cultivate and solicit major gifts from individuals, foundations, corporations, faith and civic organizations.
• Develop a stewardship plan to ensure all donors are consistently and appropriately acknowledged always looking for ways to strengthen the relationship and grow the donation.
• Oversight of annual fundraising events, i.e. Ambassadors Breakfast, with responsibilities for volunteer committee management, sponsorship support and internal team assignments.
• In addition to the annual fund, provide oversight for fundraising of key projects and capital campaigns.
• Oversee volunteer development committee focused on fostering annual and event-focused giving and stewardship.
• Work strategically with the leadership team to prepare and submit grant applications.
• Develop communications plan with assistance of Communications Specialist to enhance and progress development and stewardship plan.
• Conduct site visit tours for all segments of constituents (Board Members, donors, foundations, volunteers).
• Provide knowledgeable and inspiring public presentations regarding all aspects of our programs, including the organizational mission and vision.
• Provide support for the Executive Director for all donor solicitations, including preparing proposals, packages, providing follow-up information to prospects and assisting with solicitation calls.
• Work with the leadership team and operational staff to identify funding opportunities that are mutually beneficial to Community Housing Solutions and the donor.
• Prepare and deliver a bi-monthly development report for the Board of Directors.
• Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proven ability to motivate, inspire, and energize staff and potential donors
• Consummate team player and motivator
• Must be able to work occasional weekends and holidays
• Must be proficient with computers, Word, Excel and member/donor-based programs
• Bachelor’s degree
• Three to five years minimum experience in professional fundraising is preferred
• Experience soliciting philanthropic gifts at varying levels