The Greensboro Parks and Recreation Department is a nationally accredited department committed to enhancing quality of life, improving health and wellness, conserving natural resources, and creating great economic impacts.
We are seeking a talented and enthusiastic part-time person with public health experience who will work with the Youth Services Section to engage the adult partners of youth service organizations in building their capacity for making quality referrals to our local youth-friendly health centers.
In partnership with The Cone Health Foundation and SHIFT NC, this three year, grant funded position will develop and maintain relationships with the adult partners of youth serving agencies in Greensboro, facilitate engaging presentations to those staff, distribute awareness materials and tools and provide insight of youth friendly concepts and language for communications and marketing purposes.
While the person in this position will report to the Parks and Recreation Youth Services Superintendent, they will also work closely with partnering organization staff to coordinate tasks and activities to increase awareness of youth-friendly health services throughout Greensboro.
This position will not work directly with teens, but will work with the adults who serve as trusted adults, mentors and advisors to them. The qualified applicant must have dependable transportation, advanced communication, presentation and written skills.
The physical requirements of the job include, but are not limited to long periods of sitting with little heavy lifting up to 25 lbs, and operating assigned equipment and vehicles.
This job is Non-Exempt and is subject to the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
Work Schedule: Hours vary; some evenings and weekends
- Bachelor's degree in Public Health, Community Health, Social Work, "OR" an equivalency of 3-5 years of "related" experience developing, facilitating, and tracking presentations to professionals.
- 2-3 years of experience developing and maintaining relationships with community agencies.
- 2-3 years working with adolescents 15-16 years old
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Valid Driver's License
An Ideal Candidate Would Also Possess (Preferred Qualifications):
- Experience/knowledge of access to care for adolescents
- Experience with planning and execution of special events and/or community outreach activities