Under the general supervision of the Maternal Director, the Adolescent Parenting Manager carries a caseload within the Adolescent Parenting Program. This job is a grant funded position and is dependent upon the availability of grant funding. This position serves on the Adolescent Parenting Program Community Advisory Board.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Financial – work within the annual budget for the department. Responsible for resource development, fundraising, grants in conjunction with the Women’s Health Director.
- Best Practices –Implement and evaluate the Adolescent Parenting Program in accordance to the state guidelines, meeting the requirements of the state grant and other funding sources. Observe staff effectiveness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures and apply appropriate behavior management techniques.
- Human Resources – Recruit, train, orient and evaluate staff and volunteers.
- Communication – Coordinate special projects and events, Organize press releases, brochures and other promotional literature for areas of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
One year of case management experience.
Training Certifications will be required within the first 90 days in educational programs designated by the funding contract. These include but not limited to Partners For A Healthy Baby, Breastfeeding, Depression Screening, March of Dimes trainings, Reproductive Life Planning, Well Child Visits.
Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Social Work Human Service field from accredited college or university
- PC Skills – Microsoft Office applications (word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); and other applications as required (i.e. TIPPI database, Daxko or equivalent).
- Ability to train, delegate and supervise staff volunteers
- Should be a highly organized self-starter; independent and self-directed, creative, and detail oriented
- Able to manage and motivate diverse groups and individuals, and work successfully as a team leader in a team environment
- Current Driver’s License and eligible for coverage under YWCA Auto Insurance Policy
- Ability to provide one-on-one education and referrals to clients in an unbiased and nonjudgmental manner.
- Responding and resolving complex community questions and concerns
- Working with senior management
- Program planning, implementation an evaluation
- Special Event Planning