“I’ve come up with a set of rules that describe our reactions to technologies:
- Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
- Anything that’s invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
- Anything invented after you’re thirty-five is against the natural order of things.
Welcome to 2015 and the redesigned Guilford Nonprofit Consortium website! We are excited to be able to finally share this new website with you and hope you are as happy with it as we are. Special thanks to TechTriad and Sue Polinsky for all their hard work on making this site friendly for some of us non-technical folks! They have this wonderful new tool for us to share information with each other, and to expand the ways that we can build the nonprofit community in Guilford County. Crystal Maurer, our Consortium Assistant, and I will be excited to learn the new website and keep you all updated regularly. (Okay, Crystal more than me.)
It feels right that we are launching the new website at the beginning of a new year. There is so much promise in both. Looking back, 2014 was a great year for the Consortium and I am grateful for the opportunity to be a part of it as my first year as Consortium Director. It has been an educational and humbling experience over these last 10 months and I am so proud of our members and the work you do for our community. I am still amazed at the volunteer work our members put into the Consortium and we couldn’t have had a successful year without your efforts. In 2014, the Consortium provided more than 33 programs that were attended by more than 795 participants. We graduated 21 students from the Nonprofit Management Institute at High Point University. We also provided Board Development training to 28 member of the community who are interested in serving on nonprofit boards. We enrolled another full class of 12 Executive Directors into the Leadership Academy at the Center for Creative Leadership.
In 2015, we will offer even more opportunities for shared training, networking and services.
- We will continue our partnership with UNC-Greensboro to build program evaluation.
- Our 31 Consultant Members will once again sponsor a World Café Workshop. This year’s topic is “Building Resilience in your Organization.”
- We are expanding the Nonprofit Board training offerings throughout the year.
- We will offer two joint workshops with the North Carolina Center for Nonprofits.
- Our Financial Services Committee will offer six roundtables specifically designed to build capacity and financial sustainability.
- We are partnering with Leadership Greensboro to recruit new Board members for nonprofits.
We have an exciting year planned. Keep an eye on this brand new website for announcements of upcoming workshops and roundtables and I look forward to seeing you at one of our events. Thanks again for supporting your consortium!